Foundations of a Biblical World View
October 13, 2015
Our special guest for our Thanksgiving weekend was our friend Mark Ward. Mark recently moved to Mount Vernon, WA, to work at Logos Bible Software and serve in Cornerstone Baptist Church of Anacortes. Mark most lately lived in Greenville, SC, where he worked for BJUPress. He is the author of a new textbook, Biblical Worldview created for the 12th grade curriculum.
The messages this weekend were very condensed lessons from this material, filled with sound Biblical reasoning and profound concepts that apply to how we see and relate to our world. You can find the sermons in our audio section, but we want to make them easily accessible in one place so are placing links here.
The foundation of a right view of the world is acknowledgement of our obligation to the Creator God who made us all.
The second pillar of the Biblical world view is to see the problem of pain as a consequence of the fall, a truth known only through submitting to the teaching of the Bible.
The last pillar in a Biblical worldview is Redemption. God did not leave the world to fend for itself but made a way for a broken world to be reconciled to him and redeemed from its sins.
Upcoming Church History block class with Duncan Johnson
June 23, 2014
As our regular attenders know, we are planning to host a block class from Foundation Baptist College with Duncan Johnson – July 7-12, evenings on weeknights from 7pm with an all day Saturday session beginning at 8:00 AM.
A continental breakfast will be provided for Saturday AM, bring your own lunch for the noon meal.
The textbook for the class is
Turning Points: Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity
You do not need a Kindle to order a Kindle book. You can download (free) a reader for a PC or a Mac.
Northwest Regional FBF Conference
March 20, 2011
Our annual conference last week was at Lincoln Park Baptist Church in Wenatchee, WA.
Our keynote speaker was Dr. Fred Moritz, my good friend and former mission director. He is now ‘emeritus’ with the mission and on the faculty of Maranatha Baptist Seminary.
We had a great week … all in just three days! Lots of preaching and good fellowship. This post is to provide a convenient link to the sermons. Clicking the link will take you to a filtered view of ‘Our Sermons’ with just the FBF sermons in view.
The Northwest Regional FBF Conference
May 2, 2009
The Northwest Regional FBF Conference
I’d like to commend to you the messages from our recent meeting in Monroe, WA. Our theme was “That your love may abound” (Phil 1.9). One of our speakers did an excellent job of exposing our theme passage to us. Unfortunately, the recording of his message suffered a glitch and the first bit of it is missing.
If you have time for only a few of these, be sure to listen to Dr. Bob’s messages on Meekness and Dr. Vaughn’s message on Keep Yourselves in the Love of God.
The first two messages are ‘bonus’ messages from Dr. Bob for the 10th Anniversary Sunday of Monroe Baptist Church which preceded our meeting.
- 4/19/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: Anniversary Sermon: An Enduring Oak
- 4/19/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: What do we care about the Kingdom of God
- 4/20/09 – Rev. John Stima: Set Your Affections on Things Above
- 4/20/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: The Grace of God Teaches Us
- 4/21/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: Meekness Defined
- 4/21/09 – Dr. John Vaughn: Speaking the Truth in Love
- 4/21/09 – Rev. Don Johnson: Disciplined Admonition
- 4/21/09 – Dr. Tom Nieman: A Seasoned Pastor Looks At Current Trends
- 4/21/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: Meekness Maligned
- 4/21/09 – Dr. John Vaughn: Keep Yourselves in the Love of God
- 4/22/09 – Rev. Brian Ernsberger: That Your Love May Abound
(first part of message truncated by recording problem)
- 4/22/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: Meekness Modeled
- 4/22/09 – Dr. John Vaughn: Let this Mind be in You
- 4/22/09 – Dr. Bob Jones III: Go and Tell
Here is a link to the audio files.